Roasted Farmers’ Market Fall’s Seasonal Bounty
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees (use convection if you have it)
1 lb each: brussel sprouts, carrots, candy cane beets, red beets ( in photo)
3-4 whole garlic cloves minced
Celtic Sea Salt or a favorite flavored sea salt
Fresh herbs (optional)
- Wash and dry all vegetables. Cube or cut them approximately into the same size
- Place vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with some olive oil (don’t drench or will become soggy), and.
- Toss well and sprinkle with some sea salt and minced fresh herbs: thyme, oregano, or sage from the garden! Dried works well too!
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper, (not waxed paper).
- Spread vegetables evenly, single layer them. Try not to stack. That way everyone gets the “good browned crispy ones”. You may need two sheets.
- NOTE: You may start out with a full overloading tray, but the veggies will shrink.
- Turn oven down to 325 degrees and put vegetables in oven.
- Bake up to 1 hour or until fork tender. Convection will cook faster.
- If you want them sooner, leave them in at 400 degrees for 45 min. But check more often so they veggies’ don’t burn.
When you cut up the vegetable it will look like tons, however, I recommend making 2 trays as they cook down and get eaten rapidly. They are great the next day added to soups, salads, scrambled in your morning eggs. Roasted veggies’ never get wasted!