Gluten-Free Lemon Orzo was a bonus find this summer at Steamboat Springs Farmer’s Market. Many of you know that Megs and I are Farmers Market lovers. Besides all of the seasonal fruits, veggies, eggs, or yummy foodie stuff we bring home each week, every now and then we come across a surprising product. Case in point. This delicious gluten-free, vegan lemon orzo. When I first prepared it, I was blown away by how unbelievably lemony it was. Truly a flavor gasim!
My mind started thinking of all the dishes I might create using this orzo. Today we share our newest recipe video on how to make this super flavorful side or main dish. Great for holiday or dinner parties even picnics. It’s easy and fast to prepare, great as is or go ahead and get crazy adding other tasty ingredients. Please do share and tell us about it. I also love that you can buy it on-line making it easy for everyone anywhere to get it, and we’ve linked it right here just for you. Lemon Orzo
Preparing for Thanksgiving? The Curry Girls Have You Covered.
Thanksgiving is almost here and Curry Girls has many wonderful gluten-free and dairy free recipes perfect to adorn your holiday table! In addition to this lemon garlic orzo try our Sauteed Brussel sprouts, shiitake mushrooms and carrot , or maybe you would like to a new lighter version of mashed potatoes mashed parsnips and cauliflower.
In need of a great gluten-free stuffing recipe? Check out our tasty gluten free stuffing. Literally no one can tell the difference. The secret is the ingredients. Udi’s Whole Grain Gluten-Free Bread, makes the best cubes for your stuffing hands down! Who needs turkey when you have stuffing, veggies, mashers, peas and gravy! Every year I ask do we really need the turkey? The answer, TRADITION.
Curry Girls has all your Thanksgiving needs in one place. Check it out HERE as we help you plan your week ahead all the way down to the very last minute of placing it on your beautiful table hot and ready to serve. May your holiday be deliciously blessed. Love, Megs and Pegs
Watch our new recipe video below. And for the full transcribed orzo recipe keep on scrolling.
Gluten-Free Lemon Orzo Recipe
- 1-2 Cups cooked gluten-free, vegan lemon orzo
- 1/2-1 Cup diced shiitake or other brown mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup leeks, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced (2 Tbsp.)
- 1-2 Cups baby spinach, washed and slivered
- Celtic Sea Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
How to Make Our Lemon Orzo Recipe
- Cook orzo according to directions on the package. Rinse and set it aside until ready to use.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, onions, leeks and shallots to the pan.
- Cover and let the vegetables brown.
- Add cooked orzo and uncooked slivered spinach.
- Toss all the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings. A pinch of salt and or a little fresh ground pepper.
- Ready to serve. If made a day ahead, reheat in a skillet with a little oil on low heat. Cover and re-heat for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Conclusion: Wonder Where to Buy Gluten-Free Orzo?
Forget a substitute for orzo, just buy a wonderful gluten-free rendition from our friends at Nan’s Gourmet Foods. You can purchase this lemon garlic gluten-free vegan orzo direct at Nan’s Gourmet Foods or HERE on amazon.