Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie is the star of our dessert table and continues to wow our family and friends every year! We make an easy to prepare gluten free pie crust, however Cup 4 Cup and Bob’s Red Mill make packaged gluten free pie crusts. If you really want to make this pie thing easy, buy a frozen gluten free pie crust and add the filling.
Another favorite pumpkin dessert that is super simple to make during Thanksgiving is our Pumpkin Squares that uses a cookie crumble crust. Our family loves pumpkin and is the star on our dessert table. We even enjoy our pie and bars for breakfast the next day! A family tradition that keeps going. It’s why we make at least 2 pumpkin pies. One for leftovers. Not a fan of pumpkin? Try our Apple Pie or Pecan Bars.
Check out our Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide with more tantalizing recipes, ideas and organizational tips to make your Thanksgiving dinner the very best…
Wishing you a delicious holiday celebration!
With Love and gratitude,
Megs and Pegs
Watch our recipe video below and keep scrolling for the full recipe.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Ingredients:
1 15 oz can organic pumpkin puree or 1 baked sugar pumpkin, pulp removed and pureed.
3⁄4 Cup organic cane sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Method:
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour into prepared deep dish 9” piecrust.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Add any pie crust decorations after the first 15 minutes to make sure they wont sink.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for an additional 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean.
- Pie will firm up as it cools…
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.
NOTE: Both pies were made exactly the same. The first pie made a beautiful froth circle design while baking, while the other remained dark all around. The magic of baking… each creation has their own signature when they come out of the oven… both delicious.