Making burgers is a Curry family tradition just about every Sunday night. With summer BBQ, holiday weekends and family gatherings happening~These flavor filled cheesy stuffed burgers, whether they are beef, chicken, lamb, turkey or vegan, will be a crowd pleaser for sure! With not too much fuss, they are easy to prep ahead and ready to throw down on the grill, leaving you with more time to play and have fun with your friends and family!
Jalapeño and Cheese Stuffed Burgers
1 lb ground organic dark meat chicken, grass-fed beef or lamb, or vegan meat product
1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced
2-3 tbsp kite hill soft almond cheese, we used truffle chive and dill flavor – or sheep feta crumbled
½ onion, sliced
5-6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Handful of arugula
1 tbsp olive oil
Condiments: Aioli, mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish, thousand island
Watch recipe video HERE
– Heat pan to medium low. Add olive oil, sliced onions and mushrooms. Cover and cook down for 5-10 minutes until nicely browned and caramelized.
– Half jalapeño, remove seeds, (or leave in for lots of heat), and then dice. (careful to wash hands after touching the pepper so you dont touch your eyes… you know, ouch!)
– Form meat into 2-3 patties. Flatten patties and in the center, add jalapeños and crumble kite hill cheese. Mold burger around added ingredients and reform burger patties.
-Season burgers with salt, pepper, and or garlic powder and all season salt.
– Place patties seasoning side down on top of caramelized mushrooms and onions. Cook each burger for 5 minutes each side, covered.
– Place cheese on top of burger with 1 min left of cooking. Cover to melt the cheese.
– Toast bun and then stack burger, arugula, and additional diced jalapeños and crumbled cheese if so desired.
– Great paired with your favorite ranch and oven roasted fries!