Matcha Green Tea has a world of benefits. That’s why we think it can make for an excellent breakfast. This smoothie will leave you feeling full of energy, focused and ready for the day!
Matcha is a highly potent form of green tea. It’s rich in antioxidants and nootropic compounds which engage different neurotransmitters in your brain. Matcha can be a great alternative to coffee if you are looking to switch to a lower caffeine morning drink.
Matcha also contains a compound “theanine,” which is what leads to a calming feeling you get from drinking green tea. Matcha’s caffeine levels are higher than traditional green tea, but still less than coffee. The combination of caffeine and theanine can lead to increased cognition and better mood.
Looking for other smoothies? Check out another one of our favorites here. 🙂
Otherwise, enjoy our recipe video below and the transcribed recipe at the bottom of the page!
Matcha Green Tea Coconut Chai Latte Smoothie Recipe
- ½ avocado
- 3-4 Medjool dates pitted
- 1 heaping Tbl. Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 heaping Tbl. vanilla protein powder (or 3 Tbl whole hemp seeds/hearts)
- 1 package of frozen coconut meat or 1 Tbl. coconut manna
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla protien powder)
- 1 canned coconut milk, with some of the thick cream
- 8-10 drops of alcohol-free ChlorOxygen
- 2 large handfuls of ice
- 1 handful of spinach (optional)
How to Make your own Chai spices ( if you don’t use the Chai Matcha):
Mix the following:
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom,
- ¼ tsp. ground clove,
- ¼ cinnamon,
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
How to Make Your Own Matcha Chai Latte Smoothie:
- Add all ingredients to a blender
- Start on low, slowly increase speed to med-high until all contents are smooth.
- Add more liquid for a thinner consistency.
- Blend and enjoy this energy to boost breakfast!
Or, watch our recipe video HERE