Paleo Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites while cleansing, yes please!! It’s the middle of January and we just started our Cleansing with Food workshop; a 3-week program that helps you figure out what foods work best in your body, and can heal your body through food. It is not your average cleanse… hence the title, Cleansing WITH Foods. It includes LOTS of delicious recipes just like these sweet, beneficial, bites!
Covered in chocolate, these beneficial fat bites taste just like cookie dough. They are sweetened with coconut sugar, a low glycemic sweetener, which contains trace amounts of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients like iron and zinc. You can add chopped nuts, and when you’re not cleansing add Enjoy life mini chocolate chips inside for extra indulgence! These are great if you are Paleo or following a Ketogenic diet. We have learned a lot about Ketosis and Ketogein diets from Dr. Hyman, Dr. Axe, and Dr. Mercola.
Enjoy these feel good treats whenever! Scroll down for full recipe and watch our recipe video here:
Paleo Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites
Makes about 10 bites
½ C cacao butter*, melted
½ C coconut sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ C coconut Flour
1-2 Tbsp. almond milk
Pinch of salt
*Optional substitution: you can also use coconut oil or coconut mana instead of cacao butter
2 bars Eating Evolved chocolate bars, melted
Method How to Make Paleo Cookie Dough Bites:
– Melt cacao butter in a small sauce pan. Set aside.
– In a small bowl combine coconut and paleo flours, sugar, vanilla, salt, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon of almond milk at a time until all combined to a cookie dough consistency.
– Once cookie dough is mixed, form into 1 tablespoon bite sized balls and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. When finished, place bites into fridge while you melt chocolate.
– Next melt Eating Evolved chocolate bars using a double broiler. Stir occasionally until liquid. Remove melted chocolate from heat.
– Dip cookie dough bites into melted chocolate using tongs. Roll around until completely covered and place bites back onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Continue until all covered in chocolate.
– When finished, place tray into refrigerator to harden chocolate for at least 30 minutes.
– Enjoy immediately! Keep stored in fridge. These can last up to 3 weeks or longer!