Rice Pudding (DF)
1 C Coconut Rice (leftover cooked rice) recipe and video
1 Can coconut milk minus ¼ C
1 Tbl. organic raw butter or coconut butter
1-2 Tbl Coconut Nectar OR 100% maple syrup ( depends on how sweet you like it. We used 1 Tbl.)
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg beaten (optional)
1/3 -1/2 C raisins
¼ tsp. cinnamon
Cinnamon and Coconut sugar to sprinkle on top
• Combine cooked rice, coconut nectar, butter and coconut milk on medium heat for 10 minutes. Stirring frequently. Rice will become soft.
• Whisk together egg, vanilla extract, and a little of the hot rice mixture.
• Whisk egg mixture into the cooking rice and stir to make sure egg is fully incorporated.
• Cook another 10 minutes. Uncovered. Remove from heat.
• Pour into 3 small ramekins.
• Sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut nectar crystals.
• Serve warm or cold.
• If serving cold, wrap ramekins with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.
Rice pudding is a yummy treat for kids of all ages, a true comfort food. Because we add turmeric to our coconut rice it adds another wonderful benefit to this treat.
Rice pudding is great for an after school snack, treat, or breakfast.