Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Makes about 24 pancakes
1 very large spaghetti squash or 2 medium ones measuring 4-5 Cups of squash
½ onion diced finely
2 small garlic cloves minced
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp baking powder
2 Tbl flour (Pamela’s GF Artisan or your favorite GF flour)
1/2-1 tsp. fresh or dried herbs of choice (optional) Ideas: thyme, rosemary, tarragon, basil, Italian blend.
Coconut oil for frying
Preparing Spaghetti Squash
- Carefully cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Baste the inside of squash with a little olive oil.
- Place open side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350-degree oven for 45 minutes -1 hour..
- Remove when a fork pierces through. Set aside to cool.
- Once squash has cooled, using a fork scrape inside of squash until shreds come out. Measures about 4-5 Cups of shreds
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- In a large skillet heat ½ inch of coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Using a slotted spoon or hands, place about 2 Tbl batter into hot oil and flatten into pancake.
- As batter gets to end squeeze any excess liquid off before frying.
- Place pancakes onto paper towel to drain. Serve with chive sour cream.
- May be kept in warm oven on low heat.
For more instructions see our potato latke recipe HERE
Happy Hanukkah! These are a great appetizer, dinner or served any time of the year!