Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Want to switch up the traditional holiday goods?! Try our Spaghetti Squash Latkes! They taste a little bit sweeter, make a great appetizer and are delicious leftover. Hanukkah never tasted so good... or healthy! Makes 24, prep+cook done in a quick hour.
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash (4-5 Cups of Squash)
- ½ Onion Diced Finely
- 2 Small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Flour Pamela’s GF Artisan or your favorite GF flour
- 1/2-1 tsp Fresh or Dried Herbs of Choice optional Ideas: thyme, rosemary, tarragon, basil, Italian blend.
- Coconut Oil for Frying
Preparing Spaghetti Squash
- Carefully cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Baste the inside of squash with a little olive oil.
- Place open side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350-degree oven for 45 minutes -1 hour..
- Remove when a fork pierces through. Set aside to cool.
- Once squash has cooled, using a fork scrape inside of squash until shreds come out. Measures about 4-5 Cups of shreds
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- In a large skillet heat ½ inch of coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Using a slotted spoon or hands, place about 2 Tbl batter into hot oil and flatten into pancake.
- As batter gets to end squeeze any excess liquid off before frying.
- Place pancakes onto paper towel to drain. Serve with chive sour cream.
- May be kept in warm oven on low heat.
- For more instructions see our potato latke recipe HERE
Happy Hanukkah! These are a great appetizer, dinner or served any time of the year!