Sunday Burgers are what’s on the menus most Sundays when we have a Curry family gathering. Our burger of choice is juicy ground dark meat chicken. We LOVE sautéing these burgers smothered in onions, shiitake mushrooms and garlic. This is a moist juicy burger served with blistered green beans, cole slaw, fresh corn on cob ( Mexican Street Style), and grilled summer squashes in the summertime or roasted carrot and parsnip fries all year long. If everyone wants a green salad we use our Curry House salad dressing.
When the kids were young~ ice cream Sundaes were our family’s Sunday Fun Day treat! YUM YUM!
Sunday Burgers Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground dark meat chicken (white meat tends to be dry), turkey, lamb (another fav), or grass-fed beef
1-2 Sweet or brown onions halved and sliced
1 lb. shiitake or other mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
All Season Salt
Garlic Powder or granules
Fresh ground pepper and sea salt (Try using a flavored sea salt)
Sunday Burgers Method:
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- While heating shape ground chicken, lamb, grass-fed beef or turkey into rounds or heart shaped burgers.
- Season to with Garlic Granules and All Season Salt
- Once pan is hot, add a little olive oil to cover pan. Add sliced onions and mushrooms. Cover and cook until softened and begin to caramelize.
- Add burgers to pan. Cover and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Flip burgers and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Burgers will release juices and add a nice flavor to onions and mushrooms.
- Burgers are ready when they feel firm to the touch. Cover and remove from heat until ready to serve.
- Top with cheese if so desire 🙂 and let melt in pan. Serve with Curry’s Secret Sauce. Recipe Follows:
Curry House Secret Sauce Ingredients and Method:
1/2 C Garlic Aioli
1/4 C Ketchup
2 tsp sweet pickle relish
- Blend all ingredients together. Keep refrigerated up to 2 weeks.